Experience Berkeley High School (EBHS) is a free 6-month program that provides Black, Latino, & Native American rising seniors with mentors, tools, and resources to complete a competitive UC college application and the opportunity to get a close, personal look at UC Berkeley. To apply to our 2019 program, please click here.
What will I do in the Mentorship Program?
- You will be assigned a Program Mentor. Program Mentors are current UC Berkeley students, and provide you with mentorship and guidance throughout the program. They will also be revising your essays for the UC Application.
- You learn about Student and Campus Life at UC Berkeley, and will have several opportunities to network with UC Berkeley Students, Alumni, and Admissions Staff.
- You will attend a 3 mandatory Personal Development and College Essay Writing workshops throughout the Summer and Fall of 2019.
What are the Mentorship Program Requirements?
- Students must self-identify as Black, Latino, or Native American
- Apply as a high school junior (3rd year / incoming senior)
- Must consider UC Berkeley among your top 3 college choices
- Have an overall unweighted 3.5 GPA or higher
- Attend a California High School
- Fill out our Program Application
What are the Mentorship Program outcomes?
- Over 50% success rate of Black, Latino and Native American students getting into UC Berkeley via competitive application development.
If any questions, contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org