We thank you for your interest in the free Experience Berkeley program proven to increase students’ chances of admission into UC Berkeley.
All applicants must have an overall unweighted GPA of 3.5+, self-identify as Black, Latino, or Native, and be available to attend all 3 Saturday workshops in their respective region:
- Northern California Day-Long Conferences: 9am-5pm
July 21st(12pm-5pm) & 22nd, August 19th, and October 21st
Location: UC Berkeley, Berkeley, Ca (*Includes Bakersfield region)
- Southern California Day-Long Conferences: 9am-5pm
July 15th, August 12th, October 14th
Location: Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, CA
Please fill out this application with as much detail as possible. The application must be completed in one sitting and includes 4 responses of 250 words MAX (each), answering the following:
1. What resources, programs, & educational opportunities have you taken advantage of to prepare for college?
2. Describe example(s) of any sustained leadership experiences and roles in your home, school, or community.
3. Describe how you overcame the most significant economic, educational, cultural, or physical barrier in your life and what you learned from it.
4. What have you done to improve your school or community and why did you do it?
The application is due by March 24th.
Letters of Recs can be uploaded with the application or emailed to email@example.com by March 31st. (Our office is closed this day to honor Cesar Chavez so phone calls will not be answered.)
If you have any questions or difficulties uploading documents please contact the director, Janelle Sales at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510)841-6010 during business hours (M-F 10-5 pm).