How can Experience Berkeley help you?
Experience Berkeley is a program that aims to increase and retain Black, Latino, and Native American transfer students at UC Berkeley. We provide students with UC application resources and tools necessary to apply and transfer to UC Berkeley. Throughout the program students will:
- Connect with UC Berkeley admissions officers
- Be mentored by current transfer students & Cal alumni
- Receive one-on-one assistance with writing your personal statement from UC Berkeley transfer students & staff to help you put together a competitive application
- Self-identify as Black, Latino or Native American
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- Have completed 30 transferable units
- Attend a California Community college
What happens after I submit my application?
You will receive a phone call from us informing you of your acceptance and inviting you to any upcoming events. We will host 4 writing workshops throughout the spring semester to help you get an early start on your application! The dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, March 17th from 5:30-7pm
- Wednesday, April 8th from 5:30-7pm
- Wednesday, April 29th from 6:30-8pm
- Saturday, May 23rd from 11am-12:30pm
Unless otherwise noted, all writing workshops will take place at Stiles Hall!
When are the fall workshops?
- There are three mandatory workshops for Fall 2015 program participants: September 19th, October 10th & November 7th from 11:30am to 2pm
- Location: Unless otherwise noted, all workshops will take place on Saturday at Stiles Hall — 2400 Bancroft Way in Berkeley (across the street from campus).
- SoCal Students: We are planning a day long workshop for Saturday, October 24th. Stayed tuned for more details!
When are my drafts due?
We ask all of our students to submit 3 drafts of their personal statement for feedback. All drafts should be emailed to your coordinator:
- Tuesday, September 22nd by 12am midnight
- Tuesday, October 13th by 12am midnight
- Tuesday, November 10th by 12am midnight
What can I do next to ensure that I’m transfer- ready?
- Visit Cal’s admissions office for more information!
- Talk with a transfer counselor at your community college to ask for information about IGETC and to make sure you are on the path to be IGETC certified.
- Visit California’s online student-transfer information system, ASSIST, to verify you are on the path to transfer.
- Stop by the Transfer, Re-entry & Student Parent Center (TRSP) at Berkeley for quick drop-in admissions advising for prospective students beginning in May every Thursday and Friday from 2-4pm.
- Connect with us on Facebook for weekly updates!
- For further questions, feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org