How can Experience Berkeley Transfer help you?
Experience Berkeley is a program that aims to increase and retain Black, Latino, and/or Native American transfer students at UC Berkeley. We provide students with UC application resources and tools necessary to apply and transfer to UC Berkeley. Throughout the program students will:
- Connect with UC Berkeley admissions officers
- Be mentored by current transfer students & Cal alumni
- Receive one-on-one assistance with writing your personal statement from UC Berkeley transfer students & staff to help you put together a competitive application
- Self-identify as Black, Latino, and/or Native American
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- Be ready to apply to transfer in Fall 2018
- On track with both major and general requirements
- Attend a California Community college
When are the fall workshops?
- There are three mandatory workshops for Fall 2018 program participants:
- September 8th, October 13th, and November 10th from 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- Location: Unless otherwise noted, all workshops will take place on Saturday at Stiles Hall — 2400C Bancroft Way in Berkeley (across the street from campus).
- SoCal Students:
- October 6, 2018 and November 3, 2018 from 10:00am-1:00pm
When are my drafts due?
We ask all of our students to submit 3 drafts of their Personal Insight Questions (PIQs). All drafts must be shared with your coordinator:
- 1st Draft Deadline: September 14, 2018
- 2nd Draft Deadline: October 19, 2018
- 3rd Draft Deadline: November 16, 2018
What can I do next to ensure that I’m transfer- ready?
- Visit Cal’s admissions office for more information!
- Talk with a transfer counselor at your community college to ask for information about IGETC and to make sure you are on the path to be IGETC certified.
- Visit California’s online student-transfer information system, ASSIST, to verify you are on the path to transfer.
- Stop by the Transfer, Re-entry & Student Parent Center (TRSP) at Berkeley for quick drop-in admissions advising for prospective students beginning in May every Thursday and Friday from 2-4pm.
- Connect with us on Facebook for weekly updates!
- For further questions, feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org