Experience Berkeley Transfer (EBT) is a free semester long program that aims to increase and retain Black/African-American, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander (Polynesian, Micronesian, and Melanesian) California community college students with applying to UC Berkeley. We provide students with UC application resources and tools necessary to apply and transfer to UC Berkeley.
- Connect with UC Berkeley admissions officers
- Be mentored by current transfer students & Cal alumni
- Receive one-on-one assistance with writing your responses to the Personal Insight Questions from UC Berkeley transfer students & staff to help you put together a competitive application
- Attend mandatory Summer and Fall Workshops that cover strategies necessary to be a competitive applicant
- Students from these populations are encouraged to apply: Formerly Incarcerated and/or system impacted (a close family member/loved one is/was incarcerated); Low-income; Caretaker; DSP Student; EOP Recipient; Experienced Homelessnes; First-generation; Former Foster; Low-income; LGBTQIA+; Head of Household; Undocumented; Student Parent; Work full-time; Work part-time; Veterans
- Ready to submit a UC Application for Fall 2021
- Have requirements completed by Spring 2021
- Self-identify as Black/African American, Latinx, Native American, and/or Pacific Islander (Polynesian, Micronesian, and Melanesian)
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA to apply (3.5 preferred)
- Attend a California Community college
There are 3 summer workshops, attendance is required to one workshop.
There are 3 mandatory workshops for our NorCal program participants in Berkeley, CA
There are 2 mandatory workshops for our SoCal program participants
Where are we located?
- Location: Stiles Hall — 2400C Bancroft Way in Berkeley (across the street from campus).