The Experience Berkeley Transfer Program was founded to increase and retain the number of Black, Latino and Native American students on campus.
How can the Experience Berkeley Transfer Program help you?
Experience Berkeley is a program that aims to increase and retain Black, Latino, and Native American transfer students at UC Berkeley. We provide students with UC application resources and tools necessary to apply and transfer to UC Berkeley. Throughout the program students will:
- Connect with UC Berkeley admissions officers
- Be mentored by current transfer students & Cal alumni
- Receive one-on-one assistance with writing your personal statement from UC Berkeley transfer students & staff to help you put together a competitive application
- Self-identify as Black, Latino or Native American
- Minimum 3.4 GPA
- Have completed 30 transferable units
- Attend a California Community college
What can I do next to ensure that I’m transfer-ready?
- Visit Cal’s admissions office for more information!
- Talk with a transfer counselor at your community college to ask for information about IGETC and to make sure you are on the path to be IGETC certified.
- Visit California’s online student-transfer information system, ASSIST, to verify you are on the path to transfer.
- Stop by the Transfer, Re-entry & Student Parent Center (TRSP) at Berkeley for quick drop-in admissions advising for prospective students beginning in May every Thursday and Friday from 2-4pm.
- Connect with us on Facebook for weekly updates!
- For further questions, feel free to contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org